Carbon Monoxide Testing
Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a highly toxic gas that has no colour and no smell.
You won’t be able to tell if your heater is leaking carbon monoxide, but spillage can make you seriously sick or kill you. A carbon monoxide fault in a gas heater in a house or on business premises can pose a significant risk.
To be sure your gas heater is safe, you should at minimum have your gas appliances serviced and tested for carbon monoxide every two years (as recommended by Energy Safe Victoria).
Are you renting? The Residential Tenancies Act 1997 states it is the landlord’s responsibility to service and maintain all gas appliances. Simply ask your landlord about servicing your gas heater regularly by a licensed gasfitter.
What is a carbon monoxide test?
A qualified gasfitter will conduct a series of tests to check if your heater is safe, using a tester. The carbon monoxide tester is a small handheld device that rates carbon monoxide in points per million (ppm) in the air coming from the heater. A safe test will have a reading of 0.00 ppm.
As long as gas heaters are serviced and maintained regularly, they are perfectly safe. It is best to include a test and service every two years as part of your standard house maintenance.
- Carbon Monoxide Testing – Melbourne Metro
- All testing guaranteed and certified
- Servicing and repairs to all heaters
- VBA Licence: 50967